Telecom Tower Technician / Rigger
GWI Telecom is a telecom services company located in the GTA and due to growth we are looking for new tower personnel. GWI promotes an environment of life balance and career advancement for all employees. We work in a busy and sometimes stressful industry where large customers have challenging time lines. While GWI supports customer fulfilment, we do not do it at the expense of our employees. Weekend work is discouraged and if absolutely required, done on a volunteer basis. Neither do we send crews out on long term road trips. Work hard through and enjoy your weekends.
GWI operates in three markets – Telecom tower and rooftop site construction, In-building Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and Radio Lamppost site construction and installation. We offer employees the ability to move laterally from one group to another if desired. For instance, if a tower climber decides they want to move to indoor work, we can get them trained on DAS related technologies and vice versa.
Come join the growing team.
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills. Getting along with your coworkers is critical.
- Desire to learn and participate in company training.
- Knowledge and experience working at heights.
- Able to work in a full body harness on rooftops and / or towers.
- Physical strength and the ability to work with steel.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings.
- Valid Working at Heights certificate.
Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following skills and experience:
- Experience working on telecom towers for the Canadian carriers.
- Current Tower Fall Protection and High Angle Rescue training (this is renewed annually at GWI).
- Experience with RF, fiber optic and dc power cable installation, antennas, radios, etc.
- Candidates with whmis, first aid, lift / boom operation certification(s) and experience.
- Clean driver’s abstract